I Love God - The Official I Love God Website - Born out of our Love for God. Click Here to Subscribe.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Effective Money Management – Record Keeping God’s Way


I welcome you to this glorious month in the name of Jesus. This month of October will be a month of Success and Divine Leading for every member of this Blog in Jesus Name.
This day, I shall be dwelling on the theme: Effective Money Management In the Home. My prayer is that every form of financial stagnation shall end by the end of this teaching.
The Bible says: "if the foundation be destroyed, what can the righteous do?" Psalm 11:3. The answer is Nothing. Therefore, I shall be teaching on the topic: Accountability.
Accountability is responsibility. To be accountable is to be responsible for a thing that is done. The reason why many default on matters affecting their finances is because they spend money without bearing in mind that they shall give an account of whatever resources they have.
God will require a proper account of all the things that He has given to you including your time, gift, talent and finances. The Bible says in Romans 14:12: "So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God"

You need to be accountable, not just to yourself, but primarily to God, who is the Supplier of all your provisions. People around you, as well as your family members, should be able to see your example of accountability, so they can learn prudent spending and wise financial transactions through you.

Financial rest does not come when you are a millionaire; it comes by being a good money manager. You must have a financial plan or else you are creating room for financial pain. Pain is a sign of disorder; therefore to experience financial pain is a sign of disorder in your spending pattern. What is the first step you must take? Keep Records!
Record keeping is a requirement for accountability. Have a proper documentation of your financial transactions as a believer. Learn to keep record of all your incomes as well as expenditures. List out your incomes, your expenditures and review them from time to time, so as to assess whether your financial transactions are prudent or whether you need to adjust your spending pattern.
Periodically, make a list of the items you spend money on, and how much money you spend on each item. You may choose to do this monthly, weekly and or daily. Keep accurate records. There is a small diary that I usually carry around with me, where record of any money spent is kept. That way, at the end of the month, I can easily recollect whatever I spent money on during the month.
With that, it becomes easy to compile a financial report. This helps me a great deal in being accountable to God who is my Source as well as myself, so I can live in good conscience. It also enables to me set a worthy example for those around me to follow. That gives me fulfillment!
Accountability pays off. The Lord says: ...thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things - (Matthew 25:21)
Financial faithfulness qualifies you for financial fruitfulness. You receive more money from the Lord and from men too. More money cannot be committed into your hands, except you are accountable for the one you have at present.
You need grace from God in order to be a faithful steward in money management. The right place to begin from is a personal relationship with God, through Jesus Christ. If you want to start this relationship right now, you can say this prayer: Dear Lord Jesus, I come to You today as a sinner. I believe You died for my sins and rose on the third day. Forgive me my sins. I accept You as my Lord and Saviour. Make me a child of God today. Congratulations! You are now a child of God!

Remember, the wealth of the world and the gentiles will soon be switch over to every believer. One of the basic requirement that will determine how much you control will be to the level of your accountability.

For More and Daily Edifying Words, you can Subscribe for our E-mail Listing (if you haven't done so)

The Word of God Today is Effective Money Management

You can join our Facebook Page or follow us on Twitter. Enjoy the Ride!

See other edifying post below.

Do you Love God? Enter your Email address Below to Receive I Love God updates in your Mailbox

Powered by I Love God Site

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...