I Love God - The Official I Love God Website - Born out of our Love for God. Click Here to Subscribe.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Jacob Must Die! - Jacob?


Funny title on word of God today right? Yes. Everyone around have been laughing all day due to this post and I’m guessing you’re the next. Just don’t over do it. It’s a merry season and Christmas is just around the corner - we really need to be merry.

Yes, I left the house this morning on my way to the office (church) and after some few miles journey, I saw a Christian Poster advertising an upcoming 3 days prayer and fasting programme with the theme boldly written on the topmost top of the poster – “JACOB MUST DIE” and I was like “What in Gods’ name is that.” 


I’m just grateful I was not the one driving because I could have slam both foot on the break. The theme was so hilarious, amusing and a little scary too – Jacob must die! The bottom line was a prayer “whatsoever possession that Jacob has stolen from you; you are recovering all this season and every Jacob’s in your life must die via this 3days prayer and fasting movement"
  
From the bottom line of that poster, I began to have a little knowledge about what they thought they meant.
According to my little experience (12 active years in Gods vineyard), I stand to be corrected but Jacob never stole anything from Esau his brother nor from his in-law – Laban.

Jacobs’ story before his name got changed to Israel is a very straight forward one.

As a matter of fact, Esau was the thief and not Jacob as many believers believe. From Sunday school at a very tender age, we were taught that Jacob stole Esau’s Birthright - this is also not scripturally true.
See the full details in Genesis 25:31-34
“And Jacob said, Sell me this day thy birthright. And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me? And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob. Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentiles; and he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way: thus Esau despised his birthright”

Esau traded his birthright for bread and pottage and came back to steal it from the rightful owner – Jacob.
I promise writing a post to fully show you this illustration soon.
Be careful of what you hear and read precious friends. 

For More and Daily Edifying Words, you can Subscribe for our E-mail Listing (if you haven't done so)

The Word of God Today is Jacob Must Die!

You can also send this link to your friends and loved ones to be a part of this site: http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=Ilovegodsitecom to receive daily post by mail too. God Bless you as you Proclaim the Gospel via this Site.

You can join our Facebook Page or follow us on Twitter. Enjoy the Ride!

Share this site Below as there is love in sharing.

Do you Love God? Enter your Email address Below to Receive I Love God updates in your Mailbox

Powered by I Love God Site

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...